- Databases hazardous substances >
Institut für Arbeitsschutz der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung (IFA)
Dr Klaus-Werner Stahmer
Alte Heerstr. 111
53757 Sankt Augustin
Phone: +49 2241 231-2585
Fax: + 49 2241 231-2234
Database Combustion and explosion characteristics of dusts
Important combustion and explosion characteristics of more than 6000 dust samples from virtually all sectors of industry were determined as a basis for the safe handling of combustible dusts and for the planning of preventive and protective measures against dust explosions in dust-generating and processing plants.
The present database was realised with the financial support of the European Commission. The database was elaborated in co-operation with:
- Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing - BAM, Berlin, Germany
- Institution for statutory accident insurance and prevention of the foodstuffs industry and the catering trade (Berufsgenossenschaft Nahrungsmittel und Gastgewerbe - BGN, Mannheim, Germany)
- Institut für Arbeitsschutz der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung (IFA, Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance, Sankt Augustin, Germany)
- DMT-Gesellschaft für Forschung und Prüfung mbH (association for research and testing), expert body for surface fire and explosion protection - mining test facility, Essen, Germany
- Henkel KGaA, Düsseldorf, Germany.
For comments, please contact us via e-mail.
Usage and Disclaimer
The database may be made use of in occupational safety and health or in order to retrieve information about potential hazards of substances during use. Commercial use of data as well as partial or complete transfer of data into other information systems is prohibited unless to written prior consent by DGUV.
Data contained in the GESTIS-DUST-EX database have been produced and are maintained applying a maximum of care. Nevertheless, DGUV cannot for whatever reason be made liable for any damage. (cf. Limits of Applicability).
GESTIS-DUST-EX database is produced and maintained by Institut für Arbeitsschutz der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung (IFA, Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance).
Update March 2015
More than 1000 substance datasets have been added to the GESTIS-DUST-EX database. The database comprises now information on more than 6000 substances, available in German, French and English language.
BIA-Report 13/97: Combustion and explosion characteristics of dusts
The GESTIS-DUST-EX database for combustion and explosion characteristics is also available in french: